Fedora Browsers

Blogger dot com complained of an error, post failing when I tried posting from IE6 under wine; apparently that post happened anyway.

As follow-up, when I tried to install IEs4Linux using it's gui, wine failed on rundll - wine complaining:


This is with wine 1.1.23 (from Fedora).

The first time through, the gui installer caused Gtk to complain - something about some code in a .c file that should never be reached... I could not get this to repeat, so it must be something about file creation / tests / etc.

I ran the installer with no-qui, and was able to get IE6 working. I tried making this post with it (and in fact had completed the post content) - but when trying to make the post, blogger encountered a submission error, and IE6 didn't keep a cache - turns out the submission happened anyway.

So, I went to FIrefox to redo the post - only to find it there.

Not sure how useful testing with this kind of IE will be - it looks like basic browsing and rendering are useful.

The beta IE7 install fails to reach anything; I've given up on it. For grins, I installed the IE5.5 (not sure what I'd want that for).

Perhaps I'll try this over on my ubuntu, where - if memory serves me - I have wine 1.1.24 running (and it's a 32 bit environment).

0 comments:

Post a Comment